Basis for aviation strategy
Transport Analysis has been tasked with analysing the role and function of aviation in the transport system. The analysis will serve as the basis for the Government's work on a Swedish aviation strategy.
The documentation will be extensive, consisting of information, statistics, and factual and current-status reports. Assessments and scenarios of the future evolution of various types of traffic, such as expanded high-speed rail, will be taken into account as well.
The overarching focus will be on the importance of aviation in terms of nationwide and international accessibility, employment, and environmental and climate impact. The following issues will be addressed:
- The aviation industry and the market: Who are the most important actors, how have conditions evolved, and what trends and challenges will be encountered in the market in the future? How has competition evolved in the aviation market?
- Swedish airports: What is the status of our national and regional airports from an accessibility standpoint, and what role do these airports play in terms of opportunities for growth and development throughout Sweden? What economic potential and financial challenges exist, and what future issues will be decisive?
- Evolution of domestic and foreign traffic: This matter will be examined both historically and as forecast up to the year 2040 for various market segments.
- Strategic analysis: This analysis will consider the EU and global evolution of and trends in, for example, policy, social conditions, technological development, and demand.
Transport Analysis will consult other agencies and actors, including the Swedish Transport Administration and the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency. The results will be reported to the Swedish Government Offices (Ministry of Enterprise) on 15 March 2016.
Commission in Swedish
- Rapport 2016:4 Inför en flygstrategi - ett kunskapsunderlag.pdf
- Uppdrag att ta fram underlag inför arbetet med en svensk flygstrategi.pdf